This is a great gardening project for the kids.
Plant directly in a garden bed or in a seedling tray.
A really good way for kids to learn about germination and to be enticed into eating healthy sprouts.
1. Fill a seedling tray with potting mix ( or sieved compost) and make moist.
2. Using alf-alfa seeds, sprinkle the seed on the soil surface to make the name of the child you are doing this with. You could even use a cardboard stencil cut out beforehand
3. Cover with a fine layer of potting mix and water in again.
4. Keep in a shady place, the seed does not need sun until germinated.
5. Continue to water daily with a mist sprayer and watch the name appear !
6. Sprouts are harvestable when about 4cm high
7. Radish, watercress and parsley are also suitable seed types for this project.